SUPPORTING PATIENTS.FUNDING CARE.PROVIDING HOPE.
Ellie Fund wants to help you while you receive treatment for breast cancer. We can provide essential support services, allowing the focus to be on family, recovery and healing to help ease the stresses of everyday life. Women and men undergoing active breast cancer treatment, who reside or receive treatment in Massachusetts, are eligible to apply for Ellie Fund services. We do not discriminate on the basis of income, gender, marital status, age, race/ethnicity or religion.
How does a patient get started with the Ellie Fund?
Step 1: Determine Eligibility
Before proceeding to the application, please be sure that you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions:
Step 2: Review Description of Services
Prior to applying, please read the detailed information regarding the different services Ellie Fund provides.
- Gift cards granted to local grocery stores including, but not limited to, Stop & Shop, Market Basket, Hannaford, Shaws, Whole Foods, Big Y and Price Chopper.
- Gift cards will be mailed each month for the duration of your grant.
Assistance covers transportation to/from medical appointments only.
- Parking reimbursement
- Gas gift cards
- Taxi vouchers or reimbursement
- Uber or Lyft gift cards
- Funding for THE RIDE or Commuter Rail (MBTA programs)
- Gift cards granted to The Maids/Merry Maids
- Reimbursement provided for patients who choose their own service company
- Funding provided for licensed child care services, before or after-school programs and summer camps
- Reimbursement provided for private providers such as babysitters
- Healthy, pre-assembled meals are delivered once a month for the duration of the grant period.
- Gift cards to other meal prep and delivery services such as Hello Fresh, Nutre Meals, etc.
- Funding provided for licensed acupuncture therapy sessions.
- Please note, the Ellie Fund is not responsible for referring patients to acupuncturists.
- Funding provided for licensed oncology massage therapy sessions.
- Please note, the Ellie Fund is not responsible for referring patients to oncology massage therapists.
Step 3: Apply for Services
There are three ways to apply:
1. Patients can self-refer by submitting an application online using the “apply for services” link below.
2. A member of the healthcare team can submit an application on behalf of a patient.
3. Patients/providers can reach out to the Ellie Fund via email
email@example.com or call (781.449.0100) if they encounter any challenges
submitting the requested information.
Step 4: Finalize Your Application
If a patient submits an application online (self-refers), the application is not considered “complete” until: